Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation (Kokatha)
Port Augusta location
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
The team in Port Augusta are looking for Full Time Aboriginal Employment and Training Co-ordinator for a 12 month fixed term contract with the high possibility of continuing.
Reporting to the relevant managers, the position will be responsible for the design and implementation of education, training and employment programs for Kokatha people.
Key objectives include:
- Design and implement effective needs based education, training and employment programs;
- Provide support for transition to employment;
- Provide mentoring and support to ensure continuing employment;
- Provide direct support to the governance of the Kokatha Enterprises Board.
You will need:
- Confirmation of identifying as Indigenous
- Demonstrated industry experience working with Aboriginal communities
- Demonstrated experience and or knowledge of Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s), local government, training institutions and community service providers within the training and education space
- Ability to provide advisory, coaching and mentoring support service to Kokatha people
- Understanding of the resource industry including employment, training and safety requirements
- Ability to liaise, negotiate and mediate with a diverse range of individuals and service providers to obtain desired goals
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “c” or equivalent.
We would love to hear from you!
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
- Real career growth and opportunities
- Ability to working within community and help provide real support that makes a difference
To find out more please contact Julia Trendall, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the Kokatha office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
Your cover letter must describe how you meet the following criteria:
- A knowledge and demonstrated experience working successfully with Aboriginal People.
- Demonstrated prior experience managing the delivery of administrative services in an organisation
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the Kokatha Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 14 February 2022 5pm.