Department for Correctional Services – Administrative Trainee (Aboriginal Traineeship Program)
An opportunity has arisen for the right candidates to join the Department of Corrective Services. A guaranteed job placement exists if the applicant completes the traineeship and fulfils the requirements by the department.
To view advert
Department for Correctional Services
Job reference: 392517
Location: 5700 – PORT AUGUSTA
Job status: Long Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the Department for Correctional Services
The Department employs approximately 2,000 staff and has responsibility for nine prisons and sixteen Community Correctional offices across the state. Our vision is for a safer community by protecting the public and reducing re-offending. We work towards this through the contribution of staff who are employed in a wide variety of fields, from correctional officers and teachers, to social workers, psychologists and supervisors of court orders. Their commitment ensures we deliver quality services to prisoners, offenders and victims of crime. We strongly promote diversity and equity in our workforce, which directly contributes to greater effectiveness and better outcomes. In a supportive and collaborative environment, you will encounter interesting professional challenges and you will work alongside dedicated and passionate people who help to turn around the lives of offenders and rebuild lives affected by crime.
The trainee will be supported through a training program. This will include nationally recognised training and practical work experience to undertake the tasks described in this document efficiently.
The trainee will be supported in order to develop skills to:
- Deliver a range of administration functions that support Branch/Unit operations.
- Produce data records (electronic and manual) that are up to date, by accurately preparing and entering new information.
- Answer enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate and contribute to the Branch/Unit team.
- Contribute to the delivery and maintenance of efficient work practice and processes.
- The Trainee will be required to actively participate and complete a Certificate III in Business Administration (or similar) during the course of their contract.
- Section 47 of the Public Sector Act 2009 applies in conjunction with other provisions of the act and other applicable industrial entitlements.
- The incumbent is required to satisfactorily complete a National Criminal History Check;
- A current South Australian Driver’s Licence is essential;
- A flexible approach to working hours is required.
TRAI ($267 per week – $692 per week)
Ms Paula Guidace
Senior Administration Officer
08 8648 5350
All applications must be submitted online. Your written application should include a Resume and a Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages quoting the vacancy number and outlining your skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role you are applying for. Please complete the Employment Declaration if not currently employed by the Department for Correctional Services.
The Aboriginal Traineeship Program will provide an employment pathway into the public sector for Aboriginal jobseekers aged 17 – 35 years. This is a temporary vacancy for up to 18 months located at Port Augusta Community Correctional Centre.
Applications close: 04/08/2020 11:00 PM
– Advice to Applicants.pdf
– Aboriginal Traineeship Duty Statement.pdf
– DCS Pre-Employment Declaration DCS CC2018 – V1.4.1.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.