Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation and ISS Employment Opportunities, Information Session Port Augusta
KAC held a community information session on Tuesday 8th June 2021 with ISS highlighting employment opportunities within utilities/camp and mining areas at the Carrapateena Mine Site. Also in attendance was Brian Willcocks representative of Oz Minerals.
Representatives from ISS provided a PowerPoint presentation on the Carrapateena site and areas of employment opportunities available to Kokatha People and the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members. Members attended from as far as Port Lincoln as well as Adelaide and local regional Port Augusta.
On the day we recorded;
- 29 attendees
- 25 expressions of interest received
- 6 additional expressions of interest received after the info session
The information session provided attendees with the opportunity to get a feel of working within the utilities area and an idea of the Carrapateena site as well as other opportunities within ISS as a company within Australia and their other areas of the business with employment opportunities.
WHERE TO NOW – NEXT STEPS
- All attendee information and documents/resumes will be collated and issued to ISS for consideration for interview..
- ISS will contact selected candidates to participate in an interview.
- Successful candidates will proceed to all onboarding and training requirements conducted through a Pre-Employment Induction Program.
- Commence Work. Estimate mid to end July 2021.