KOKATHA PASTORAL OPERATIONS MANAGER ROXBY DOWNS
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
The Kokatha Pastoral (KP) manages three pastoral properties- Roxby Downs Station, Purple Downs Station and Andamooka Station- as part of the sub lease agreement negotiated with BHP as part of the 2012 Indigenous Land Use Agreement. This covers approximately 500,000 hectares and is situated approximately 30km of Roxby Downs township.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for managing all Kokatha Pastoral
KP business operations. Your key objectives include:
- Implement the KP 2020-25 business plan;
- Lead and develop the KP team;
- Develop and strengthen KP partnerships and funding agreements;
- Lead the strategic alignment and amalgamation of KP into Kokatha Enterprises;
- Provide support to the Kokatha Enterprises (KE) Board and Secretariat.
You will need the ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with Traditional Owners, within a corporate setting and have significant experience in managing pastoral operations and complex contracts. You will also need:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Agriculture or similar discipline
- Commercial management skills including the ability to cost jobs, prepare tender bids and oversee contractual adherence and performance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Current valid Driver’s licence, HR or HC Class or equivalent
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in to the Kokatha Aboriginal community
Hours are negotiable for this position.
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos, Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the KAC office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
Your cover letter must describe how you meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience in managing pastoral operations and complex contracts
- Demonstrated experience to work successfully, respectfully and collaboratively with Traditional Owners
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the KAC Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9.00am on Monday, 9 August 2021.
To view Position Description