CORPORATE SERVICES MANAGER
Kokatha Aboriginal Corporation (Kokatha)
Port Augusta location
Salary $120,000+ per annum + FBT benefits + Superannuation + Vehicle
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will deliver corporate services (Finance, Human Resources, Asset Management, Records Management, Media / Public Relations, and Information Management) to enable the delivery of the corporation’s executive and operational services. This is both a hands-on role for in-house services and a contract management role for out-sourced services.
Your key objectives include:
- Provide corporate management skills transfer to Kokatha staff
- Provide financial advice and reporting to the Kokatha Board and CEO
- Manage bookkeeping, basic accounting and payroll services
- Develop a document and records management system
- Manage contracts for external service provider
- On-boarding, mentoring and performance management of KAC employees
- Manage public relations and the content of the Kokatha website
You will preferably possess an Australian accounting or bookkeeping qualification and a minimum of two years’ experience in financial management in a small / medium business environment.
If you also have:
- Competency in the use of the Xero or MYOB accounting software packages.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to hold and maintain relevant security clearances such as National Police Check
- Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “c” or equivalent
we would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Base salary of $120,000+ plus NFP salary sacrifice benefits plus superannuation plus motor vehicle
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To find out more please contact John Ramsay on 0475 603 935 during business hours.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or at the Kokatha office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the Kokatha Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9am on 29 July 2020.
To view Position Description