Kokatha Heritage Services Trainee Manager
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
Reporting to the Heritage Services Manager, this part-time position is responsible for providing support to the Heritage Services Manager and team to ensure that Kokatha cultural interests are recognised and protected.
Your key objectives include:
- Provide support to the Heritage Services Manager to delivery services to the Kokatha community;
- Provide administrative support for cultural surveys, monitoring and clearances;
- Support delivery of all cultural training to relevant stakeholders;
- Support the operational management of the Heritage Services Team;
- Support the administration for all associated finance, human resources and WH&S for the Heritage Services Team team by Corporate Services;
- Provide Secretariat services to the Culture and Heritage Committee
You will need a knowledge and understanding of Kokatha Native Title, heritage, language, lore and culture and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of the whole Kokatha community within a corporate structure
If you also have:
- Willingness to complete Certificate IV Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and provide support to management.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “c” or equivalent
we would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To find out more please contact Glen Wingfield, Heritage Services Manager, on 0487 090 809.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the KAC office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
Your cover letter must describe how you meet the following criteria:
- A knowledge and understanding of Kokatha Native Title, heritage, language, lore and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of the whole Kokatha community within a corporate structure.
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the KAC Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9am on Thursday, 26 November 2020.
To read full advert on seek.com
To download job description