The Commonwealth Government has released a number of publications regarding Novel coronavirus (CODVID-19) and we have attached them below for your information as a community, as our employees, and as visitors to our offices..
We would like to bring to your attention important information in these publications regarding scenarios noted in the ‘Information for employers’ where staff cannot go to work if they have:
- left, or transited through mainland China in the last 14 days (they must isolate themselves for 14 days from leaving mainland China)
- left, or transited through Iran on or after 1 March, they must isolate themselves until 14 days after leaving Iran
- been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days (they must isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case).
In the event that you meet one of these scenarios you must notify your supervisor immediately.
A focus on workplace cleanliness and hygiene is a measure we can manage and some of the steps we will introduce include:
- ensuring workplace is clean and hygienic (using disinfectant wipes to regularly disinfectant your desk (keyboard, telephones, etc);
- promoting regular and thorough hand-washing by employees (putting alcohol-based hand sanitizing in prominent locations; displaying posters promoting hand-washing);
- promoting good respiratory hygiene (paper tissues available and hygienically disposal methods of used tissues).
What you need to know
Information for employers