The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
Reporting to the Manager Kokatha Enterprises, this part-time position is responsible for providing administrative support across Kokatha Enterprises.
Key objectives include:
- Managing the delivery of administrative services to Kokatha Enterprises.
- Working closely with the Corporate Services team to ensure consistency across the organisation.
- Managing the record keeping system and file management for Kokatha Enterprises.
- Data entry to support projects and activities.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders to support Kokatha Enterprises operations.
You will need the ability to not only manage the administrative services but also streamline record keeping and communication across the organisation.
If you also have:
- Experience in administration and/or accounts environment.
- Experience working successfully with Kokatha people.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Analysis and problems solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and in accordance with variable workload demands.
- Capacity to develop local stakeholder networks.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation.
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances such as National Police Check.
We would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the Kokatha office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
Your cover letter must describe how you meet the following criteria:
- A knowledge and demonstrated experience working successfully with Aboriginal People.
- Demonstrated prior experience managing the delivery of administrative services in an organisation
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the KAC Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9am on Friday 13th November 2020.