- Exclusion periods in the following zones of the Woomera Prohibited Area are now underway:
· Green Zone (1 September 2019 to 5 October 2019);
Amber Zone 1 (2 September 2019 – 13 October 2019); and
· Amber Zone 2 (2-29 September 2019).
Access to the Stuart Highway will be suspended at various times from 1 September 2019 to 5 October 2019.
On days of suspension, the highway will be closed around 7:00 AM and will re-open in the late afternoon, please note this is subject to change.
Signs will be posted at the following locations:
· just north of Glendambo (at the Woomera Prohibited Area boundary); and
· approximately 60km south of Coober Pedy (in the vicinity of Mt Penrhyn).
No further specific information or dates regarding the suspension of access to the Stuart Highway are able to be provided at this time.
The Woomera Test Range may be able to provide more specific guidance 24-48 hours in advance.
If you are intending to travel in the affected areas, please contact the Woomera Test Range: 0477 726 537 or 08 8674 3370.
Please see the attached map for an overview of the Green Zone closures and suspension access to the Stuart Highway.
Please refer to the updated website for further details and geographic coordinates:http://www.defence.gov.au/woomera/exclusionperiods.htm.