APPRENTICESHIPS AVAILABLE IN
THE MINING INDUSTRY
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is currently recruiting for 1st Year Apprentices to work in the Mining Industry at Olympic Dam, South Australia. These apprenticeships will commence in February 2020. Second & Third Year apprentices are welcome to apply.
The successful applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in completing an apprenticeship in one of the following trades:
- Mechanical Fitter
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic
- Auto Electrician
- Communication Technology
Applicants will also:
- Be physically fit as they could be working in extreme temperatures
- Have a sound level of Maths and English and can pass an aptitude test at a high level.
- Be comfortable working underground, in confined spaces and working at heights.
- Be able to live away from home for extended periods
- Be able to pass a Fitness for Work medical.
- Reside in South Australia.
- Preference will be given to descendants from Kokatha, Barngarla and Kuyani people.
- Have a drivers Licence or be eligible for a Licence within the first four months.
Please note: Applications will close on the 20th September 2019.