Carrapateena Site Supervisor
Port Augusta location – DIDO Carrapateena Mine Area
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
This role supervises a road maintenance team responsible for repairs and maintenance of the roads network associated with the OZ Minerals Carrapateena mine site. It is a DIDO role on a 5/2 roster, where Monday to Friday is spent accommodated at Carrapateena and travel to/from Carrapateena is provided out of Port Augusta.
This position is responsible for managing scopes of works associated with road maintenance, earthworks and other KMS contract works on site.
Key objectives include:
- Provide technical expertise in terms of road maintenance and minor civil construction
- Supervise and lead work crews in daily operations to satisfy client/customer contract requirements
- Liaise with stakeholders, clients, site contractors and Kokatha Aboriginal Employment & Training Advisor
- Manage all associated risk with site operations including plant/equipment/asset maintenance, administration, human resources and WH&S
You will need significant experience in road construction and maintenance, particularly in arid areas as well as:
- Licences/Tickets to operate heavy machinery – Grader – Loader – Excavator
- Tertiary qualification in Construction or similar discipline
- Understanding of civil construction and experience in technical design and construction
- Ability to create and manage a plant maintenance regime including a sound working knowledge of plant operation and maintenance
- Skills and ability to cost civil jobs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Current valid Driver’s licence, HC Class or equivalent
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Over-award payments plus NFP salary sacrifice benefits
- Work on long term civil contract
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To find out more please contact Giac Consalvo on 0447 387 308 during business hours.
We particularly want to hear from suitably qualified and experienced Indigenous and female candidates. Kokatha people are strongly encouraged to apply. Assistance for Kokatha people to apply is available from Tania Solar, KAC Employment and Training Advisor. She can be contacted on 0447 569 803or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the Kokatha office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the Kokatha Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9.00am on Wednesday 9 September 2020.