Port Augusta location – DIDO Carrapateena Mine Area
The Kokatha People are the Traditional Owners of a large section of land in the north of South Australia. This area stretches from Lake Torrens in the East to the Gawler Ranges in the West. The Kokatha Traditional Owners’ Native Title area encompasses significant mineral deposits which are subject to current mining operations and future potential mining activities. The Native Title area also includes the townships of Woomera, Roxby Downs and Andamooka which are major service centres for this part of regional South Australia.
This role is part of a road maintenance team responsible for repairs and maintenance of the roads network associated with the OZ Minerals Carrapateena mine site. It is a DIDO role on a 5/2 roster, where Monday to Friday is spent accommodated at Carrapateena and travel to/from Carrapateena is provided out of Port Augusta.
You will be responsible for a full range of duties with the majority of time being spent operating plant and machinery to perform road maintenance tasks. It also includes a leadership role for the Road Maintenance Contract, including supervision of road maintenance Operators.
You will need:
- a minimum of five years’ experience in unsealed roads maintenance work, particularly wet maintenance
- ability to undertake 4 to 6 km of wet maintenance per day
- ability to lead a five-person team, delegate work, comply with safe work procedures and assume responsibility for team performance
- an HC Licence is essential and a Loader Ticket, Roller Ticket and Excavator Ticket are desirable
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Over-award payments plus NFP salary sacrifice benefits
- Work on long term civil contract
- An opportunity to really make a difference in our community
To find out more please contact Giac Consalvo on 0447 387 308 during business hours.
We particularly want to hear from suitably qualified and experienced Indigenous and female candidates. Kokatha people are strongly encouraged to apply. Assistance for Kokatha people to apply is available from Tania Solar, KAC Employment and Training Advisor. She can be contacted on 0447 569 803or email@example.com
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via seek online or at the Kokatha office at 35 Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta.
A merit selection process will be undertaken for this role in accordance with the Kokatha Recruitment & Selection Policy & Procedure.
The closing date for this role is 9am on Wednesday 9 September 2020.